- John P. Mulhall Director of the Male Sexual and Reproductive Medicine Program, Urology Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan–Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA.
- Linda D. Applegarth Associate Professor of Psychology, Perlman Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine and Infertility, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA.
- Robert D. Oates Professor of Urology, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA.
- Peter N. Schlegel, Professor and Chairman, Department of Urology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA.
Peter N. Schlegel is Professor and Chairman, Department of Urology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA.
Men with cancer rendered infertile by surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and hormone therapy that are needed to control or cure their disease are increasingly being offered the chance to preserve their reproductive potential through artificial reproductive technologies. Cryopreservation of sperm and testicular tissue have increasingly helped boys and men preserve their fertility. There is a growing subspecialty within reproductive medicine aimed at fertility preservation in this population. Furthermore, strategies are being developed that may in the future revolutionize the approach to such patients. Written by international authorities in the field of fertility preservation, this comprehensive book is aimed at clinicians dealing with male cancer patients, in particular, urologists, andrologists, oncologists, pediatricians, nursing staff as well as clinicians in reproductive endocrinology. The text reviews the impact of cancers and their treatment on male fertility, the available fertility preservation strategies and post-treatment management.
- Practical commentaries aid in delivering effective patient care
- State-of-the-art information is presented in a reader-friendly manner
- Resources are clearly listed enabling easy access to further information